Monday, September 13, 2010

My first Mother's Day!

May 9th, 2010. My first Mother's Day!!!

For Mother's Day I got the crib. Burke seemed really mad that he bought me the crib and I couldn't understand why. I finally asked him why he was so mad that he bought me the crib for Mother's Day, after all that doesn't really count as a present because it's not for me it is for the baby and it is something that we have to get anyway. He said, "Why do you need a crib if the baby can't sleep in it for a year?" I was like what are you talking about??? I was so confused! He said they can't sleep in a crib anyway because they can suffocate. Babies can't sleep with blankets or stuffed animals in the crib because they can't wake up if they can't breathe until they are 12 months old. He got that confused with they can't sleep in a crib for a year. I asked him, "Where do you think they would sleep?" He thought they would sleep in the bassinet, babies can only sleep in a bassinet for 2 maybe 3 months. I just started laughing. I asked him if he was scared about being a dad because he really knows NOTHING about babies!! Yikes! He just said it is a good thing that I am staying home with the baby and not him. I will definitely have to watch him with this baby at all times! He also got me a cute outfit that I actually really wanted from Babies R Us that he didn't even know I wanted. He has good taste and I am happy about that.

We went to church and our little 4 year old's sang to all the moms and I cried thought the whole thing. After church we went to Linda's house and gave her her presents. Linda and Doug gave me Mother's Day presents and Doug gave me a card, he was the only one and I really appreciated that he thought of that. I knew Linda would get me a gift, she always does but it was nice that Doug that of that all on his own. Even Burke didn't get me a card.We talked to Shad and ate dinner.

It was a very fun Mother's Day. I can't wait until next year when I can celebrate Mother's day with this little baby. My belly is growing and I can feel her moving around a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment